Rule processing is the mechanism whereby member rewards and messages are updated based on status, transactions, or time.
Rules processing is triggered on two possible events:
- member information is updated
- a scheduled background job
Based on the result of this processing, the Vista will include or exclude members from the various groups you have defined. Example groups may include:
- members that have visited in the last month
- members spending more than a certain amount
- members that belong to a certain demographic
When the system knows which groups a member belongs to, it can decide which rewards or recognitions the member can take. Each recognition has its own internal logic that is used in the calculations, such as points costs and the number of times it is available for.
Note: Groups can also be used to drive communications to members such as recognition messages, emails, SMS (text) messages and push notifications.