Person Type is a record that you can assign to individual users to set access to various features in Loyalty Admin. A variety of Person Types are available by default, so you can provide individual users with various levels of access to Loyalty Admin.
To view Person Types, go to Configuration > Persons Maintenance > Person Type. The following types are available by default.
- Member. Users of this type have no access to Loyalty Admin.
- Administrator. Users of this type have full access to Loyalty Admin. Access for this type is reset when Loyalty is upgraded or reinstalled to ensure users continue to have access to any new pages or features.
- User. Users of this type have limited access to Loyalty Admin.
- Customer Service. Users of this type have access to only the Customer Service pages of Loyalty Admin.
Note: If you need to create additional Person Types for more granular control of user access, keep the following in mind:
- The View Amend Access check box (Add New Record > Add/Modify Person Type) is the setting that gives users access to Loyalty Admin.
- A Person Type record includes access to both features and menus. Users need access to the relevant menus to make use of the privileges you select. For example, whenever you create a Person Type, you'll select the Common and Logging check boxes (Add New Record > Add/Modify Person Type > Show Default Access) to give users access to the Loyalty Admin login screen and basic menu.
Giving users access to Loyalty Admin
Please sign in to leave a comment.