You can set memberships to expire based on a club's renewal period in the Club maintenance page. For example, you could set up a club where members pay $16 for a 12 month membership.
When members expire:
- Members can continue to earn points, but won't be able to use recognitions (unless the recognition is for purchasing a renewal)
- POS operators will be prompted when a customer's membership has expired
If needed, you have the option to:
Managing membership renewals
You have a few options you can use to encourage expired or expiring members to renew their memberships.
Note: For each of the following options, you'll first need to create a group and rule that finds expired or expiring memberships, which requires some custom SQL to work. For some examples of custom SQL, see Custom SQL examples for membership expiry.
- Set up a membership renewal item at POS
- Create a renewal recognition for expired and expiring members
- Create a renewal reminder at POS or online for expired members