You can swipe a number of Loyalty cards for a single transaction, sharing the points earned among each of the members.
Before you begin
- Select which Additional member mode you want to operate in.
- Configure the maximum number of cards that can be swiped per transaction.
- In Loyalty Admin, go to Campaigns > Balance Types and open the balance type through which members earn points on Box Office transactions (i.e. tickets).
- Select Share Earned Units.
- Select the corresponding rounding method.
- Save the balance type.
- Repeat for the balance type through which members earn points on Concessions transactions.
- If your organisation does not use separate balance types for Box Office/Concessions points, instead using a single balance type to capture all points earning, complete steps 1–4 on this all-purpose balance type.
After you finish
At POS, the primary member will be loaded against the transaction when his/her card is swiped. When the Additional Member POS button is pressed, further members will be loaded depending on the configured value of the AdditionalMemberMode system setting:
- Item - additional members are assigned to tickets in the order window. Once all tickets have members assigned, no further member can be loaded.
- Order - additional members are simply swiped and assigned to the entire transaction.
Note: The number of additional members that can be loaded is also limited by the MaxCardsPerOrder system setting.