You may wish to limit the number of units/points that a member can earn for a particular Balance Type during a single business day. This is also useful to prevent POS operators from fraudulently swiping their own Loyalty card to earn points on transactions for customers that they serve.
For example: A maximum of 100 points can be earned per transaction, and a maximum of 500 points per business day. Alternatively, a maximum of three transactions per business day can earn points (any subsequent transactions will not earn points).
- Open the Balance Type that records points: Campaigns > Balance Types
- In the Limits and Overrides section, set the Maximum Calculations type:
- Based on Number of Units - Only a certain number of units/point can be earned per day, session, or transaction.
- Based on Quantity of Items - Only a certain number of purchased items will contribute to earning units.
- Based on Number of Transactions - Only a certain number of transactions will contribute to earning units.
- The functions of the three options below differ based on the Maximum Calculations type selected:
Value Based on number of units Based on quantity of items Based on number of transactions Maximum per Transaction Maximum number of units/points that can be earned each transaction. Maximum number of items in a transaction that will contribute to earning units/points. N/A Maximum per Session Maximum number of points that can be earned on tickets for the same session. Maximum number of tickets to the same session that will contribute to earning points. N/A Maximum per Day Maximum number of points that can be earned in a business day. Maximum number of items in a day that will contribute to earning points. Maximum number of transactions on which points can be earned in a business day.