You can prevent expired members from earning points on transactions until they renew their membership, which may:
- increase renewal rates by discouraging members to delay paying for their next membership period
- reduce financial liability in points
- In Loyalty Administrator, go to Loyalty > Campaigns > Balance Types and open the Add/Modify Balance Type window for the balance type members earn points against.
- In the Calculation section, clear the Expired Members Earn Points checkbox.
- Save the balance type record.
Expired members will no longer earn points for the balance type.
Note: To let members know that they will not earn any points until they renew their membership, you can set up a recognition message.