To make it easier for members to renew their membership, you can create a renewal recognition that becomes available to expired or expiring members which they can buy to renew their membership.
Before you begin
- In Loyalty Administrator, go to Loyalty > Campaigns > Recognitions and create a new recognition record.
- Set the Limit Per Visit to 1.
This prevents members from purchasing multiple renewals in a single transaction.
- Leave Total Available blank.
- Enter the following code in Custom SQL for Accumulate:
CAST(isnull(membershipRecognition_numberOfRedemptions, 0) as Integer) + 1
This sets the number available to 1 more than the total number of renewals that a member has already made.
- Set Custom SQL for post routine to Renew Membership.
- Select your group that finds expired or expiring members.
- Select Include expired members.
This ensures that members whose membership has expired can still purchase the renewal item.
- Set Occurrence to the number of days before members can buy this renewal again.
- Set Schedule Calculation to Recurring from Scheduled Time Onwards.
After the renewal has been bought and member details are updated, the post routine updates the membership expiry to add on another term (as defined in the Club Renewal Period) to their current expiry date. If the membership has already expired, the new expiry date will be extended by the Renewal Period from the current date.
- Complete any other required details, then Save.
You may want to set up a recognition message for expired or expiring members.
Creating a group and rule that finds expired or expiring members
Creating a recognition message for expired members
Please sign in to leave a comment.