To encourage members to renew their membership, you can create a recognition message that appears when members swipe their loyalty card at POS or when logging in online.
Before you begin
- Create a group and rule that finds expired or expiring memberships
- Create a renewal recognition for expired or expiring members
- In Loyalty Admin, go to Campaigns > Recognitions and create a new recognition.
- Set Type to Message.
- Set Total Available to an arbitrarily large number such as 999.
- Select your group that finds expired or expiring members.
- Select the Include expired members checkbox.
- In POS Message Text, enter the message you want to display to members to see.
For example, Your membership expires soon, don't forget to renew!
Including Loyalty card transaction history in your recognition message (optional)
- Locate and run the script in the Loyalty installation package folder.
Note: Recognition messages operate in conjunction with Loyalty’s GetMemberLastTransaction.sql, which populates the message at POS with the correct data for each Loyalty card.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 above to create a new recognition message.
- In POS Message Text, enter the following:
!SQL! dob.fnGetMemberLastTransactions (@MemberID, 20)
Note: The integer entered ("20" in the example above) determines the number of past days included in the transaction history. Enter any integer you like, up to a maximum of 100.
- Configure additional details as needed.