Recognitions are calculated in two ways:
- Recurring from scheduled time onwards (See Recalculate updated members recognitions for details)
- Night Batch (See Recalculate all recognitions and groups (Night Batch) for details)
When a recognition is set to a schedule calculation of Recurring from scheduled time onwards any member who has their details updated or completes a transaction through POS or Sales Server (for Web, Kiosk etc.) will be assessed for their qualification into the recognition. The recurring scheduled job typically runs every minute.
Some examples of recognitions that can be scheduled in the Recurring from scheduled time onwards schedule calculation are:
- For every 100 points held, member is entitled to a free ticket
- For every 100 points held, member is entitled to $10 off concessions
- If buy a child ticket to Snow White, allows a free popcorn
The Night Batch schedule calculation should be set for recognitions when the member will not have a transaction associated to the qualifying event. Examples of recognitions that will need to be scheduled in the Night Batch are:
- When member joins up get a free ticket. The reason is we only recalculate the recognitions once they perform their first transaction. For example, they buy a ticket, so they would not have this recognition the first time.
- Members are automatically entitled to a on a certain date. For example, a birthday voucher.
- All members get a free popcorn in May.