Make it easy for operators to apply deals by determining how deals are applied at POS. Deal triggers affect both how items are added to an order to complete a deal and when during the ordering process a deal is applied.
Open any deal-type promotion listed in Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Promotions and discounts and use the dropdown selection box to configure the Deal Trigger.
To understand how these work, we'll use the example of a deal that gives a free limited edition glass with the purchase of an ice cream, a large popcorn, and a large drink. If a patron requests this deal and the POS operator adds the items to the order, starting with the large popcorn, the deal trigger determines how POS behaves next.
There are five different options for deal triggers:
- Manually apply deal: POS marks the large popcorn with the deal icon , indicating that a deal is available. The POS operator then manually applies the deal, as described in Adding deal components to an order.
- Automatically apply deal when first item is added: POS automatically adds the ice cream, large drink and limited edition glass to the order as soon as the POS operator adds the large popcorn. If the large popcorn is a component of multiple deals, or if there are options available within the deal, POS prompts the operator to select the appropriate deal or options.
- Automatically add free items to apply deal: If the POS operator does not manually apply the deal after adding the large popcorn and instead adds the ice cream and large drink to the order, POS automatically adds the limited edition glass. POS will not automatically add the ice cream and large drink to the order, as they increase the cost to the patron.
- Prompt operator when first item is added: POS prompts the operator to apply the deal as soon as they add the large popcorn. The POS operator applies the deal via the prompt.
- Prompt operator to add last item: If the POS operator does not manually apply the deal after adding the large popcorn and instead adds the ice cream and limited edition glass, POS prompts the operator to add the large drink, as it is the last item required to apply the deal. The POS operator applies the deal via the prompt.
Note: Items that are automatically added can be manually removed; however, any items that can only be sold as part of a deal will also be removed if that deal's criteria are not met. For example, if the limited edition glass has been configured with Restrict to Deal Promotions in Bulk items, removing any of the other deal components will automatically remove the limited edition glass.