As the POS operator adds items/tickets to the order window, lines may be highlighted indicating that deals are available.
For example: Buy an Adult ticket to Avatar 3D, receive a free small popcorn, and optionally get $1.00 off any drink item.
- The operator adds an Adult Avatar 3D ticket to the order.
The ticket line is marked with the deal icon
- Select the ticket line.
- Press the Open Line button.
The Select Deal window appears.
- Select the deal Buy an Adult ticket to Avatar 3D, receive a free small popcorn, and optionally get $1.00 off any drink item.
- The deal window will display the items required to complete the deal.
- Add the Small Popcorn to the order.
- (Optionally) add a Drink Item to the order.
- The items in the order window will have their prices altered, and the item line will list the adjustment made by the deal.
For example: Price Off, Fixed.
- Complete the transaction as normal.
This deal can also be initiated by first adding the small popcorn to the order window. The deal icon would be displayed, allowing the operator to add the Avatar 3D ticket and the optional drink item.
Note: If the Adult ticket to Avatar, the small popcorn and a drink are added to the order, the deal will be automatically applied, without pressing Open Line and selecting the deal. As the drink in this example is optional, the deal will also be automatically applied once the Adult ticket to Avatar and the small popcorn are added.