A Season Pass deal enables your business to sell a ticket or a collection of tickets to a defined set of films that are part of an Event (such as an opera season).
Season passes help increase attendance during an event's less popular sessions. Tickets for events are likely to be sold at a higher price than standard cinema tickets. Therefore, it is important to ensure near capacity audiences for all performances.
Season Passes are normally sold at a price which is less than purchasing separate tickets for each session and only one ticket can be purchased per session of any given film listed within the Season Pass.
Season Passes are configured in either Cinema Maintenance or Head Office from Maintenance > Promotions and discounts. The following rules determine whether selected tickets are valid for the Season Pass:
- All tickets assigned to the Season Pass must be part of the same Ticket Type.
- All tickets must be to sessions assigned to the same Event as the Season Pass.
- Only one Deal, or multiples of a specific Deal, can be purchased at one time.
Creating a Season Pass
Season Passes are created using a deal-type promotion.
- Create a new promotion record in Maintenance > Promotions and discounts.
- Enter the Description and Short Description.
- Set the Type to Deal.
- Configure the Effective Date Range, Valid Days, and Valid Time Range.
- Select Season Pass and the Event your Season Pass is for.
- Select the Tickets tab.
- Add tickets and films to the Selection Lists as required.
- Click Save.
Selling a Season Pass
POS operators can sell season passes to events.
Note: Only one Deal, or multiples of a specific Deal, can be purchased at one time. For example, if your cinema has two events operating at the same time (Horror Festival and Opera Favourites), a patron could only purchase passes (one or many) to either the Horror Festival or the Opera Favourites event in one transaction. If they wanted to purchase season passes to both events, this would need to happen across two transactions.
Before you begin
Ensure the Deals button is available on your POS workstation layouts. See Making deals available for selection by POS operators.
- Select the Deals button.
- Select the tickets or sessions required by the patron for the Season Pass.
- Assign seating for the selected sessions.