Define the data you want Horizon to capture, and design the dashboard around the way you want to view it. A custom Horizon Dashboard lets you track metrics you care about, in the way you want to view them.
Important! This functionality requires you to have full access, rather than read-only access.
Creating the dashboard
- Open the workspace category you want to create a dashboard in.
Tip: You can change where the dashboard is located later from within the workspace category you have created it in.
- Click Create, then select Dashboard.
- Enter a name and choose a data source from the available options.
Note: Each data source is an individual query, and typically a dashboard has one or a select few. You might have more than one if you want to capture data from unrelated queries, for example film and session data, as well as popcorn sales.
- Click Create. The dashboard design tool appears.
Set parameters for your data source values
Important! This step validates the data you will see on your dashboard.
- Go to Data Sources from the Dashboard menu.
- Select the data value you want to edit, then click the pencil button.
- (Optional) Change a SQL query or stored procedure on the first tab of the pop up.
- Click Next to set parameters for data source values.
- Click Finish.
Link data source parameters to Dashboard Parameters
Add the parameters your data source values require to the Dashboard Parameters. These are the options that appear each time someone loads the dashboard.
- Select Parameters in the dashboard menu.
- Add each parameter you need.
- Enter a name and give it a user-friendly description for the Dashboard Parameters, for example, startDate's description would be Start date.
- Set the data type.
- Map the data source parameters to the dashboard parameters.
Designing your dashboard
Experiment with the appearance and values of your dashboard until you are satisfied with the data captured using the process above.
- Drag and drop, or click to add, dashboard items (tables, charts, cards, containers) onto the design panel and arrange the layout.
Note: A dashboard item can reference only one data source.
- Set the data source for each dashboard item.
- (Optional) Set any filters.
- For each dashboard item, configure item-specific settings.
- Select and format the values you want to display.
- Customise captions (headings), colours, styles, number formats etc.
- (Optional) Use the interactivity features to enable interaction between dashboard items.
- Resize and reposition your dashboard items as desired.
Please sign in to leave a comment.