In a printers-only setup for kitchen operations, each service area in your kitchen has a network printer.
To use a printers-only setup, you'll need to set up network printers and service areas. For instructions, see:
Your kitchen is divided into 3 service areas: Expeditor, Hot station, and Cold station. Each service area has a network printer.
Service areas and their network printers are set up as follows:
- Expeditor: The area where serving staff collect prepared dishes to deliver to customers. This service area allows pickups, and a network printer is set up as a Pickup Slip Printer.
- Hot station: A prepare area where hot food is prepared. This service area allows items to be prepared, and the Expeditor service area is set as the pickup area. A network printer is set up as a Prepare Slip Printer.
- Cold station: A prepare area where cold food such as salads or desserts are prepared. This service area allows items to be prepared, and the Expeditor service area is set as the pickup area. A network printer is set up as a Prepare Slip Printer.
When items are ordered, a prepare slip is printed on a network printer in the relevant service area to instruct kitchen staff to prepare the items.
When the items are completed, the Expeditor prints a pickup slip, which tells serving staff to deliver the item to the customer.
- Kitchen operations
- Setting up kitchen prepare/pickup service areas
- Setting up network printers
- Kitchen operations setup: Screens only
- Combination setup