If your cinema patrons book multiple sessions days in advance, but don't cancel the ones that aren't paid for, you can release these unpaid bookings days in advance of a session so that the seats can be re-sold.
Before you begin:
In the Cinema Manager > Screens > Cinema Screen > Layout, ensure that the Never Release Booking option is unchecked.
- In Head Office or Cinema Manager, set the system setting ReleaseBookingsDaysAfterTransaction.
In Scheduler > Cinema > Scheduled Tasks > SQL, right-click to open the scheduled task Release Unpaid Advance Bookings.
- Check Enable Task under the Schedule tab.
- In the Settings tab, check Available from Task Manager.
- To set the time to release unpaid bookings, open the task in Cinema Manager > Task Manager.
- Set the time to run the scheduled task under the parameter ReleaseFutureBookingsTime. The recommended time is defaulted to 02:00.
- Ensure that the parameter ReleaseBookingsMethod is set to Flexible, and this must not be changed.
- Repeat steps 2– 4 for the scheduled tasks Release Bookings and Check Release Bookings.
Note: Bookings are eligible to be released based on the following criteria:
- The booking is fully unpaid. Partially paid bookings cannot be released.
- The booking's session is set in the future.
- The booking's sessions allows bookings to be released based on screen settings.
- The system setting ReleaseRemoteBookingWithCard is set to Y.
- No credit card details have been stored against the booking.