Film hire maintenance in Head Office contains forms and applications used to define the contracts and terms of play for films that are purchased for cinemas.
Based on this data, and sales data from cinemas, this module provides automatic calculation of film hire (rental) payments that are due to distributors.
The calculated data is available in a number of reports. The ability to export accruals and final invoice postings to an accounting system is provided, and exports can also be generated to feed into a third-party financial system.
A variety of international film hire calculation methods are catered for:
- Variable or fixed percentage splits over a varying 10 week scale.
- Allowance for house costs (also known as "house nuts") defined at a screen level.
- Special overrides of house costs at a distributor level.
- Special terms for special screenings such as sneak previews and corporate screenings.
- Contracts that begin on different days of the week or times of day.
- Fixed values per session.
- Fixed values per week.
- Fixed values per entire contract.
- Minimum guarantee method (specific to India).