You can set up a backup printer for your site, which lets you print Prepare and Pickup slips when your primary printer is in an error state and can't be reached.
Before you begin
- Ensure you have installed the required printer(s) using the Windows Control Panel on the server hosting Kitchen Service.
The backup printer is set up differently depending on whether you are using an All printers setup or a Combination printer setup:
All printers setup
- In Cinema Manager, go to Maintenance > Service Areas and open the service area record you want to configure a backup printer for.
- Select a Backup Prepare Slip Printer and/or a Backup Pickup Slip Printer.
For example, Prepare Areas are configured with a Backup Prepare Slip Printer, while the Expeditor or other Pickup Area is configured with a Backup Pickup Slip Printer.
Combination printer setup
If you are using a Combination setup where the Expeditor has a Workstations as well as a Network Printer, backup printers are configured in Workstation maintenance.
Note: Prepare Areas do not have workstations in the Combination setup, so backup printers are still configured in Service Area maintenance.
- In Cinema Manager, go to Maintenance > Workstations and open the workstation record you want to configure a backup printer for.
- On the Printers tab, select a Backup Pickup Slip Printer.
Note: The Expeditor is generally a Pickup Area.