In some places, cinemas are required by law to provide at least one dedicated Companion seat for every Wheelchair seat in each auditorium.
Before you begin:
Set up the scheduled task Auto Convert Seats for releasing unsold wheelchair and companion seats.
- On the Seating tab of Seating Layout maintenance, select Wheelchair Seat from the ribbon.
- In the Seating panel, click to add the Wheelchair seat to the area.
Tip: Drag the cursor to add multiple Wheelchair seats at the same time.
- From the ribbon, select Companion Seat.
- In the Seating panel, select the Wheelchair to link the Companion seat to, and click to add the Companion seat to the area.
- Enter a value for Auto Release % Full.
This value is set for each Seating Layout and applies to each Area Category in the layout. If more than one Area in a screen belongs to the same Area Category, seats are converted when the threshold for the Area Category as a whole is met.
Any unfilled Companion seats or unsold Wheelchair seats will be automatically released for regular purchase as each Area Category in the Seating Layout reach this level of occupancy.
The parameters set up in the scheduled task will determine whether it is companion seats or wheelchair seats that are released.
Tip: Use the form's Options window to configure Companion seat selection according to your preferences.