You may want to provide your Loyalty members with access to exclusive seating that is not available to other patrons. To do this, configure a special area and booking rule.
- In Head Office or Cinema Manager, go to Rules.
- Create a new Rule with the type Advance Seating.
- Specify the Time Prior to Session, at which point any seats not booked by Loyalty members are made available to the general public.
- Click Box Office > Cinema Screens > Area Categories.
- Create a new Area Category for your Loyalty seating.
Tip: Vista recommends that you enable Seat Allocation for this Area Category.
- Click Box Office > Cinema Screens > Screen.
- Open a screen record for which you want to have a Loyalty seating area, and create a copy of the screen layout.
- On the Seating tab of the Seating Layout, remove a block of seats corresponding to the Loyalty seating area by clicking Clear and selecting seats in the seat map.
- Create a new Area and position it in the space corresponding to the cleared seats.
- Specify the Advance Seating Rule and Fallback Area Category for the new area. The Fallback Area Category is the Area Category which the Loyalty-only seats change to, at the time specified by the Rule's Time Prior to Session. This Area Category must have seat allocation enabled.
To have new films scheduled in Showtime Manager automatically assigned to screen layouts with Loyalty member seating, select your new seating layout as the default layout in Cinema Screen maintenance.
Next: Create an advance seating recognition in Loyalty admin to limit the exclusive seating to certain Loyalty members.