In POS and other local sales channels, films are listed in an order determined by the film's Position in Sequence. The sequence order of films can be manually configured on the Box Office tab of Film maintenance forms.
To configure your films to be automatically ordered by release date, enable the scheduled job Sequence Films by Release Date. This job automatically adjusts the Position in Sequence of scheduled films, reordering them according to their release date. If two or more films share the same release date, they are ordered alphabetically.
Note: To allow specific films to be manually positioned at the start of the list, films with Position in Sequence values of 1–9 are not affected by this job.
- Open the Task Scheduler.
- Select Cinema from the Task bar.
- Click File > Add/Remove Tasks.
- A new window Add and Remove Tasks opens.
- Select Sequence Films by Release Date from the Available Tasks column on the left and add it to the Selected Tasks column on the right.
- Click Save.
- Select Cinema > Scheduled Tasks > SQL from the Task bar.
- Right-click on the Sequence Films by Release Date task and select the Edit Task Details option.
- Select the box Enabled.
- Update the scheduled task occurrence frequency and time according to your preferences and click Apply.