You can use a dynamic expression formula module to create custom calculations for box office and film hire adjustments. These calculations can incorporate data from the Film Hire Payment grid, such as total gross box office or number of admits. The calculated value is displayed as a new column on the form's grid.
Before you begin
Make sure you have the Head Office system setting LegacyFilmHireAdjustments set to N.
- In Head Office, go to Maintenance > Film Hire Payments > Film Hire Calculation Adjustments.
- Create a new box office or film hire adjustment.
- Enter the Description and account details, and select an Adjustment Type.
- Set the Calculation Module to Dynamic Expression Formula.
- On the Options tab, add a Cinema and Effective From date.
- Use the Expressions section to create your custom calculation.
Build your formula by inserting fields and using mathematical operators on them. The formula builder is a powerful tool but can be challenging to use with complicated syntax.
Note: You can also use the Calculated Columns tool in the ribbon of Film Hire Payment to create a new calculated value in the grid. This doesn't directly influence box office or film hire, but you can use it to run your own calculations. For instance, you can add a column to the grid that shows the net rental minus box office adjustment amount.
Please sign in to leave a comment.