The information shown by the customer-facing display depends on the status of the POS terminal.
Inactive and idle terminals
A POS terminal without a logged-in operator is inactive.
An idle terminal's operator is logged in, but is not currently taking an order.
In these modes, the customer-facing display plays through a list of full-screen advertisements — the specific media files and sequence are determined during the profile's configuration. Different sets of media files can be specified for inactive and idle terminals: this allows you to include "counter closed" messages in the playlists of inactive terminals, for example.
- Each static image in the playlist is displayed for 5 seconds.
- Each looping animated GIF and flash file is displayed for 10 seconds.
- Each non-looping animated GIF and flash is is played in its entirety.
After playing through the list, the customer-facing display starts again from the beginning.
When an operator begins taking an order, the customer-facing display shows order information, with optional advertising.This might include the following:
- Order information: shows the current status of the order, updated in real time as the operator adds or removes order lines.
- Banner, including the name of the POS operator.
- Message area
- Advertising area: Displays the terminal's idle media playlist. When an item or ticket is added to the order, the playlist is temporarily interrupted to show an advertising image linked to the concession item or film. Loyalty information also appears here when a Loyalty card is scanned.
Note: Depending on the configuration options chosen, the Order area may appear on either the left or right side of the screen. Similarly, the Message may appear either above or below the Advertising area, and the Banner may appear at the top or bottom of the screen.
Alternatively, the screen can be configured to display order information without any extra elements and just list a customer's order.