Make the most of any customer-facing displays by configuring your own customer display profile.
- Create advertising links for films and concession items in the Media Library.
- Create a customer display profile in POS Designer.
- Create media playlists for the profile's idle and inactive modes.
- Link your customer display profile to the workstations that you want to use it on.
Creating customer display advertising links for films and concession items
Specific advertising images can be associated with films or concession items. These images will appear in the customer-facing display's advertising area when tickets or concession items are added to an order.
- Open the Media Library in Cinema Manager > Maintenance.
- Search for and open the media set that you want to use as an advertising image for the film or concession.
- In the Media Set window, click Links.
- Add an advertising link to the film or item.
- To add an advertising link to a concession item, click Add Item Link and choose the item that you want the media to appear with during the ordering process. When the link appears in the Links tab, change its Media Type to Item Advertising Media.
- To add an advertising link to a film, click Add Film Link and choose the film that you want the media to appear with during the ordering process. When the link appears in the Links tab, change its Media Type to Film Advertising Media.
- Click Save.
Creating a customer display profile
- Open POS Designer from Cinema Manager > Maintenance.
- In the ribbon, click File > New > Customer Display Profile.
- Choose general settings for this profile.
- Choose the colour and position of the profile's banner.
- Choose the type and style of content that the CFS will display in this profile.
- Click Save.
Creating media playlists for a customer-facing display
- In POS Designer, open the Customer Display Profile that you want to add a playlist to.
- In the profile's General properties, click Advertising Media.
- In the Advertising Media window, add media sets to the Idle Advertising Media and Inactive Advertising Media playlists.
- Select a media set from the list, or click Search to search for a media set matching specific criteria.
- Click + to add the media set to the playlist. A preview of the media set appears in the preview panel.
- (Optional) Click the play button to preview animated media.
- Click OK.
Tip: You can also associate a media set with a customer display profile from the Media Library (Maintenance > Media Library). Open the media set that you want to use in a playlist. On the media set's Links tab, click Add Customer Display Link and chose the profile that you want to display the media in. The link will be created in the Links tab. Click the Media Type list to choose whether to show the media in the profile's inactive or idle playlist.
Linking a customer display profile to workstations
In POS Designer, open the Customer Display profile that you want to link to workstations.
In the ribbon, click Workstations.
In the Workstation Links window, select the workstations or workstation groups that you want to use the profile.
Tip: You can also link a profile to a workstation from the workstation's maintenance form (Workstation > Monitors > Secondary Display > Customer Display Profile).
POS Designer: Configuring customer display profiles
Please sign in to leave a comment.