You can use Head Office's film hire functionality to calculate royalty payments that are based on ticket sales, without affecting film hire values. For example, if you're required to pay a percentage of ticket sales for the use of music or a particular technology.
- Go to Head Office > Maintenance > Film Hire Payments > Film Hire Calculation Adjustments.
Note: This must be a box office adjustment (pre-calculation).
- Select the Expense Account.
- Select Exclude from Film Hire Payment.
The calculation won't affect your film hire calculated amount or final amount, regardless of the rest of the adjustment's setup.
- Enter or select the rest of the adjustment's setup as required.
- Calculate film hire.
The pre-calculation is included in daily cash journal postings. How and where these postings are sent are based on the system settings FilmHirePreAndPostCalculationAccruals and FilmHirePreAndPostCalculationPayables, and which general ledger accounts you've selected for the pre-calculation.
- Extract the pre-calculation's values from the daily cash journal.
- Send the values to any parties that require them.