Set up your preparation and pick up areas associated with your POS kitchen functions with the following tasks:
- Create an item prepare/pickup area.
- (Optional) Create a Workstation Group for prepare/pickup areas
- Configure a workstation for a prepare/pickup and update existing POS terminals to redirect food orders that require preparing to the correct area.
- Configure prepare/pickup areas for individual items.
Create an item prepare/pickup area
Item Prepare and Pickup Areas describe the areas where food can be prepared and/or picked up.
For example: An area called Kitchen may be prepare only, and an area called Ice-cream Counter may be pickup only.
- In Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Service Areas, create different areas required by your cinema.
- Prepare Area - select the Allow Prepare checkbox for areas where food is prepared, such as a kitchen.
Pickup Area - select the Allow Pickup checkbox for areas where food can be collected, such as a bar counter.
Note: A single area can be configured for both prepare and pickup.
- (Optional) if necessary, select a Redirect Area, which allows orders to be redirected from the area to another one. For example: If one prepare area is very busy, it may redirect orders to another area.
- Configure the printers for the prepare/pickup areas in your cinema.
Create a Workstation Group for prepare/pickup areas
(Optional) If necessary you can create a Workstation Group for all the terminals in your Service Areas, to keep them separate from the standard terminals at the Point of Sale. This is useful for separate reporting.
Update or create workstation groups at Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Workstation Groups.
Note: Make sure the Default Workstation Group checkbox is cleared.
Configuring a workstation for a service area
- In Cinema Manager, create a workstation for each terminal in a service area.
- On the General tab for each new Workstation:
- If you created a Workstation group, select it.
- If the workstation is not used to sell tickets, clear Selling tickets.
- If the workstation is not used to sell concessions, clear Selling concessions.
- On the Service area tab for each new workstation:
- Select Allow service.
- Under Service area were workstation is located, select the Service Area where the workstation is located.
- On the Service area tab for each existing workstation that represents a POS terminal:
- Set the Redirected items to Prepared items only.
- Select Prepare area and Redirect prepare area, and select Today only if it is for the day.
Configure prepare/pickup areas for individual items
- Edit the configuration of each Concession Item that requires preparing, or create new Items in Bulk Items in Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Bulk items.
- On the Item tab, select Requires Preparing.
- Navigate to the Service Areas tab.
- Select a Default Prepare Area. This area will be used if the item is sold at a Workstation without a specified Prepare Area.
- If the Item requires preparing in a different area than the default, select the required Workstation Group, Sold by Workstation, and Prepare Area. When the Item is sold at one of the Workstations the order will be redirected to the selected Prepare Area.
- Select Redirect under the Pickup Area section if the Item requires picking up in a different area.
- Select the relevant Prepare Area and the required Pickup Area to Use if required.
- When the Item is prepared at the selected Prepare Area, it will be picked up from the selected Pickup Area to Use.