This is an example of how to set up Service Areas to use the Kitchen functions within Point of Sale.
Hot food and ice-creams can be sold from either POS Workstation (P1 or P2). Hot food is prepared in the Kitchen area and its food orders are managed by the Kitchen workstation (K1). Hot food is picked up in the Pickup Area and its food orders are managed by the Pickup workstation (K2). Ice-creams are prepared and picked up in the same area, and its food orders are managed from the ice-cream workstation (K3).
Set up required to support this scenario:
Service Areas — 3 areas have been set up - Kitchen, Pickup and Ice-cream.
- Kitchen — allows prepare only. Has the Item picked up from the Pickup area.
- Pickup — allows pickup only. Has the Item picked up from the Pickup area.
- Ice-cream — allows both prepare and pickup. Has the Item picked up from the Ice-Cream area.
Workstation Groups — 1 Workstation Group has been set up — Kitchen.
Workstations — 1 workstation defined for each of P1, P2, K1, K2 and K3.
- P1 & P2 are selling workstations. On the Service Area tab, Allow Service is selected; Located in Service Area is not defined (i.e. no area selected); and the Default Venue Facility is set to the Kitchen area.
- K1, K2 & K3 are kitchen workstations that cannot sell tickets and concessions or take payments. On the General Tab, the Workstation Group is defined as the Kitchen Group. On the Service Area tab, Allow Service is selected; Located in Service Area is set to Kitchen (K1), Pickup (K2) and Ice-Cream (K3); Default Venue Facility is set to Kitchen (K1 & K2), Ice-Cream (K2).
Items - all the items that require preparing at the kitchen must be updated by selecting Requires Preparing in Bulk Items on the Service Areas tab. All the Ice-Cream items must also be updated to override the workstation setting of preparing food at the Kitchen area to preparing at the Ice-Cream area. Set this by specifying a different Prepare Area and adding the workstations (or all workstations) that can sell ice-creams (P1 & P2). Select Redirect and do the same for the Pickup Area.