There are a number of options available for printing at POS:
- Setting up automatic printing of POS cash up slips.
- Setting up printing for electronic payment receipts.
- Setting up printing for additional credit card receipts.
- Setting up printing for food vouchers.
Setting up printing from an alternate receipt template.
- Setting up receipt printing for concessions sales.
- Suppressing ticket or receipt numbers of zero-value sales.
Setting up automatic printing of POS cash up slips
- Create a Print Template Cashup.txt, using the cash-up slip data fields. You may need to ask Vista to do this for you.
- Choose a value for the POS-SECURITY system setting SecurityLogonAfterCashUpPrint in Cinema Manager > Maintenance > System Settings.
- Open the Group tab of the Workstation Group for the workstations that you want to automatically print cash-up slips in Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Workstation Groups.
- Select Automatically Print a Cash Up Slip on Final Log Off.
Setting up printing for electronic payment receipts
For Electronic Payments such as EFTPOS, the Vista Payment Module always prints receipts for successful transactions. For unsuccessful transactions (such as insufficient funds or declined), printing of receipts depends on the ALWAYS_PRINT control setting of the payment connector.
Printing of receipts on the electronic payment PINpad is dependent on the API of the payment connector.
Setting up printing of additional credit card receipts
You may want to make it possible for operators to print additional credit card receipts when picking up paid bookings at POS
Note: A credit card receipt is always produced at the point of payment (dependant on the applicable payments module). This step only applies to printing an additional receipt for the customer when they pick up their booking. This would normally apply when a booking has been made and paid for through internet bookings or a call centre, and is now being picked up at Point of Sale, and a receipt is required for the customer.
- Ensure the system setting 'BookingPickupPrintReceipt' is set to Yes in order to print receipts on Booking Pickup in Cinema Manager > Maintenance > System Settings.
- Attach a receipt printer attached to your POS and turn this on.
- Ensure your print template is set up called PickupCreditCardReceipt.txt. You may need to ask Vista to configure this for you.
- Find the paid booking and complete the order in POS.
- To find the booking select the button 'Find Bk' from the 'More/Close' button in POS.
- Either enter the credit card number or swipe the credit card. The tickets should print, followed by two credit card receipts. One is for the cinema; the other is for the customer.
Setting up printing for food vouchers
Print food vouchers out like receipts. You might want to do this if the concession stands are on a separate floor or a different area in the Cinema to the Box Office. Customers take the Food Voucher to the concession stand in exchange for the items printed on the Food Voucher.
- Ensure that the 'Print on Food Voucher' is selected for every Item that needs to be able to be printed on a food voucher. Update this at Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Items.
- Ensure each Concession Workstation has the 'Print Concession Voucher' selected. Update this at Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Workstations.
- Ensure each Concession Workstation has a printer defined to print the Food Voucher on the Printers tab.
- Set the field to 'Print Food Vouchers on'
- Enter the printer number (i.e. printer 1, 2, or 3) that corresponds to the Food Voucher printer.
- Contact Vista to configure the food voucher print template voucher.txt. If you make changes to this template, then POS will need to be restarted for it to take affect.
Setting up printing from an alternate receipt template
Configure POS to allow printing from an alternate receipt template on request. Configure the POS Button Layout profile to display the Alternate Receipt button on the Payment Screen.
Before you begin, contact Vist to configure ReceiptAlternate.txt as an alternate receipt. This template has all the same available options as the primary template and prints to the same printer.
Note: If the alternate template is not configured, POS will display an error message if it attempts to print an alternate receipt.
- Open the system setting ReceiptButtonEnabled and ensure the value is set to Yes. This makes the Alternate Receipt button available for POS Button Layout profiles.
- Open the POS Button Layout profile that you wish to configure alternate receipt printing for.
- In the Button Group, select Payment.
- Select the check box corresponding to Alternate Receipt.
- Save the POS Button Layout profile.
All POS Workstations configured with this profile will have the Alternate Receipt button displayed at the Payment Screen. If the Alternate Receipt button is selected at the payment screen, a receipt based on the ReceiptAlternate.txt template instead of the primary template will be printed.
An alternate receipt can also be printed from the More > Printing menu with the button Reprint Alternate Receipt.
If required, the system setting SecurityAlternateReceipt can be configured to prompt for security in order to print an alternate receipt.
Setting up receipt printing for concession sales
Configure Vista so that for every sale of concessions a receipt will print.
Note: This does not include the printing of ticket receipts. If you want to print receipts for tickets, press the receipt button in POS.
- Update the following system settings in Cinema Manager > Maintenance > System settings::
- Set 'MinAmtToPrintReceipt' to 0.
- Set 'MinReceiptPrintedForType' to INVENTORY.
- Set 'ReceiptPrintAuto' 'Y.'
- Define the receipt printer for each Workstation selling concessions and tickets in Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Workstations and profiles.
Suppressing ticket or receipt numbers of zero-value sales
The generation of ticket and receipt numbering is controlled by by the system settings ReceiptNumberAll and TicketNumberAll, respectively.
Non Zero Sales Only
Non Zero Sales & Refunds
Determines which transactions generate receipt numbers.
Yes: All transactions.
No: All except ticket-only transactions.
Sales Only: All except refunds.
Non Zero Sales Only: All except refunds and zero-charge sales.
Non Zero Sales & Refunds: All (including refunds) except zero-charge sales and zero-charge refunds.
Determines whether receipt numbers are generated for all sales or just non-zero sales.
Determines whether receipt numbers are generated for tickets, concessions (including box-office sundry items), or both.
Determines whether receipt numbers are generated for sales, refunds, or both.
Non Zero Sales Only
Determines which tickets generate ticket numbers.
Yes: Every ticket sold.
No: No ticket sales, swaps, or refunds.
Non Zero Sales Only: Every ticket except tickets resulting from zero-charge sales.