If your cinema is donating to charity, you can set up POS to accept donations from your patrons.
- The patron's order total can be rounded up to the nearest dollar, with the difference as the donation. For example, an order comes to $12.65, and is rounded to $13. The $0.35 difference is donated.
- The patron can choose to add a fixed amount of money to the order as a donation. For example, $2.
The donation is amount is added to the order using an item, allowing the amount of money to be tracked. If a mistake is made or the patron changes their mind, the donation item can be refunded as normal .
- Create an item in Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Items to represent donations.
- Ensure the Item Type is set to Normal.
- Ensure that the item is Active and has a zero sales tax set.
- On the Stock Details tab, select Variable Price Item.
- Specify the donation item's HO Code in the system setting POS.RoundingDonationItem. A Round and Donate button is available on POS.
Tip: If you can't see this button, check POS Button Layouts to adjust button order.
- (Optional) Create a concessions button in POS Designer for this item if you also want to take fixed amount donations.