You can configure a minimum price for tickets to particular films during specific time periods, overriding lower prices on Price Cards and ticket vouchers. If a patron redeems a ticket voucher of lower value than the minimum ticket price to purchase a ticket, a surcharge is applied to bring the purchase price up to the minimum ticket price.
Minimum Price Rules determine minimum ticket prices. You can configure Minimum Price Rules in either Head Office or Cinema Manager.
For example: One cinema offers tickets at reduced prices on Tuesday evenings, administering this pricing with the Price Card Cheap Ticket Tuesdays. They also occasionally sell reduced price ticket vouchers through third-party websites. Both of these offers allow patrons to purchase adult tickets for $15 each, instead of the usual $20. However, this cinema wants to exclude tickets for newly released blockbuster films from these offers. The cinema creates a Minimum Price Rule to enforce a minimum ticket price of $20 for blockbuster films in the first week of their release, while allowing lower ticket prices to see these films in subsequent weeks.
Note: Minimum Price Rules do not apply to complimentary tickets, package tickets, or Discounts and Deals. Tickets that are a component of a package ticket, and those to which a deal or discount has been applied, can be sold for less than the price specified by the Minimum Price Rule.
Create a Minimum Price Rule and assign it to the Sales Profile for the film.
- In Head Office or Cinema Manager, go to Maintenance > Rules.
- Create a new rule with a Type of Minimum Price.
- Enter a minimum price for Period 1. If required, enter minimum prices for Period 2 and Period 3.
- In Sales Profiles maintenance, create or edit a Sales Profile.
- Select your Minimum Price Rule.
- Go to Maintenance > Films, create or edit a Film record.
- On the Box Office tab, select the Sales Profile to which you have added your Minimum Price Rule.
Note: In Head Office, multiple Sales Profiles can be linked to a single Film. However, only one Sales Profile can be applied to a Film in Cinema Manager. In Head Office > Maintenance > Linking and Site Variable Data, set the Sales Profile that the Film will use at each Site.
- In Minimum Price Periods, enter start dates for Period 2 and Period 3.
Note: The start date for Period 1 is always the Film's opening date.