When the Daily Journal is uploaded by the Cinema, the Petty Cash and Miscellaneous Transactions are grouped by GL account into a single line.
In the Daily CashUp inquiry form (Head Office > Maintenance), it is possible to separate out petty cash transactions so they can be viewed on individual lines with their comments.
For example: A cinema manager uses some of the petty cash at the site to pay for a taxi for a staff member that has worked late. The comment for the transaction may be "Taxi provided for late shift".
- Open the system settings in Head Office > Maintenance.
- In the Prompts window select the Category GLPOST and click OK.
- Open the system setting ShowMiscCashDetail.
- If the setting is configured to No, petty cash and miscellaneous transactions will be combined into a single line.
- If the setting is configured to Yes, petty cash details will be shown separately with their comments in the Daily CashUp Inquiry.
- Save the system setting.