Various maintenance forms in Head Office allow fields to be viewed and edited in alternate languages. These alternate language fields can be maintained in one of two ways:
- By default, alternate language fields are displayed beneath their corresponding primary language fields within a maintenance form. Only one primary language and one alternate language may be displayed in this way.
- Alternate languages can also be maintained separately, by clicking the Alternate Language button on the Home tab of a maintenance form's ribbon. The Alternate Language button is only visible on maintenance forms when the system setting SYSTEM.AltLangCentralMaint is enabled.
The Alternate Languages form is useful for maintaining information across multiple alternate languages at the same time. Rather than only displaying one primary and one alternate language, the Alternate Languages application displays fields for up to twenty languages.
The languages available on the Alternate Languages application can be specified on the Head Office Site maintenance form.
Note: When the setting SYSTEM.AltLangCentralMaint is enabled, the Alternate Languages application can also be accessed from the cabinets menu of Head Office, under General Maintenance.
Enabling the Alternate Languages form
To use the Alternate Languages application, enable the system setting SYSTEM.AltLangCentralMaint.
- In Head Office, open Maintenance > System Settings.
- Select SYSTEM from the Select Category field.
- Click OK.
- Select the system setting SYSTEM.AltLangCentralMaint and ensure that the Configuration Value is set to Yes.
- Click Save.
Note: By enabling the Alternate Languages application, the alternate language fields on standard maintenance forms are now made redundant. Hide them by enabling the system setting SYSTEM.HideAltLangInMaint.
- Select the system setting SYSTEM.HideAltLangInMaint and ensure that the Configuration Value is set to Yes.
- Click Save.
Once the Alternate Language form has been enabled, the individual languages for use will need to be saved at the Head Office Site, then at each individual Site.
Choosing Alternate Languages for Head Office Site
Once you’ve enabled the Alternate Languages form, you’ll need to manually set the additional languages available at your Head Office Site.
- In Head Office, open Maintenance > Head Office Sites.
- Select a Site.
- Under Customer Languages, select a primary language and up to nineteen alternate languages.
- Click Save.
The languages you selected will now appear as options in the Site Maintenance form. You'll need to manually choose the languages available to use at each individual Site.
Choosing Alternate Languages for individual Sites
After you’ve set the alternate languages for your Head Office Site, you'll need to set the languages you want to make available at each individual site too.
- In Head Office, open Maintenance > Sites.
- Select a site.
- Under Customer Languages, select a primary language and as many alternate languages as applicable or available.
Note: You need to perform a full export from Head Office before your changes will be visible at individual sites.
The languages you selected now appear as options in the site's maintenance forms.
Please sign in to leave a comment.