If your organisation operates sites across multiple regions, you may wish to have different starting days for film weeks at different sites. This requires configuration at both the global level and individual site level.
- A day is chosen as the film week start day at the global level. This day allows each week in the year to be accounted for sequentially when planning weeks are used and when reports are generated in Film Programming.
- Each site is configured to use a specific film week start day. Each site-level start day follows on from the designated global-level start day.
Using a different film week start day for each site affects the calculation and display of dates for film bookings across Film Programming:
- Planning Weeks: Planning and scheduling applications automatically display the relevant start date and planning week range for the selected site. If more than one site is selected in an application, and each site uses a different film week start day, a date range showing the earliest and latest start dates for the planning week is displayed.
- Week of Play: The correct Week of Play is automatically calculated for each film on the basis of its Opening Date and the selected site's film week start day.
- Film Programming Reports: Reports are generated for all film weeks that include a selected date. Therefore, the time span covered in a report may be more than seven days. The report will include data for any days in the global-level film week that may fall outside the corresponding site-level film week.
Setting the global film week start day
Set the global film week start day first to enable sites to use different film weeks using the system setting SITE.TickStartDayOfWeek.
Important! The value of SITE.TickStartDayOfWeek must match at Head Office and Cinema Manager.
- In Head Office, go to Maintenance > System Settings.
- Open the setting SITE.TickStartDayOfWeek
- Enter the required day number for the Configuration Value.
- Click Save.
- Implement the same configuration in Film Programming.
- Implement the same configuration in CInema Manager at each site.
Configuring a different film week start day for a site
Select a film week start day for each site.
- Click Maintenance > Sites.
- Choose a site record.
- In the Site tab, set Ticket Sales Start Day to the required day.
Example: Using different film weeks across different regions
A cinema operates two sites that are located in different geographical regions.
- The Cedar Avenue site in the French Region starts its film week on a Saturday.
- The Bond Street site in the German Region starts its film week on Wednesday.
Global start day
The manager Jennifer sets the global start day to Friday.
- In 2014, the first Friday falls on January 3rd.
- At a global level, this is the beginning of Week 1 for the year.
Site-level start day for the French Region
For her site at Cedar Avenue, she sets the film week to start on a Saturday. The Bond Street site now starts its film week on the Saturday following the Friday.
- The Saturday after Friday January 3rd falls on January 4th.
- For the Cedar Avenue site, this is the beginning of its Week 1 for the year.
Site-level start day for German Region
For her site at Bond Street, she sets the film week to start on a Wednesday. The Bond Street site now starts its film week on the Wednesday following the Friday.
- The Wednesday after Friday January 3rd falls on January 8th.
- For the Bond Street site, this is the beginning of its Week 1 for the year.