When the cinema finds more or less stock than expected, you can require an explanation for the variance.
Reasons can be entered directly in the Reason column in Stocktake Entry or be pre-defined in Cinema Manager or Head Office. After they are created, the appropriate reason can be selected for each item in the stocktake.
- Navigate to the Reasons form in Maintenance.
- Click Create.
- Enter a description for the Reason.
- For example: POS operator error, Damaged Packing, Supplier Error.
- Select the Reason Type Stocktake Variance.
- Select one Default option.
Default for acceptable variance
Automatically applies the reason to any item with a variance that is less than or equal to the accepted value.
Default for inventory gain
Automatically applies the reason to any item that has more actual stock than expected stock.
Default for combined stocktake items
Automatically applies the reason to any stocktake item sets when their variance is more than the accepted value.