To enforce a minimum admission price, create a minimum price rule and assign it to a sales profile.
- If a ticket price is less than the minimum price, the ticket price increases to match the minimum price.
- If a voucher price is less than the minimum price, an added surcharge increases the admission price to match the minimum price.
Before you begin:
Ensure that Sales Profiles have been created and assigned to films.
Creating a minimum price rule
- Go to Head Office Manager or Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Rules.
- Click Create.
- Enter a rule name.
- Select Minimum Price as the rule type.
- Enter a description for your rule. A short, clear description of what you want the rule to accomplish can be helpful in the future when you need to adjust or troubleshoot your configuration.
- Enter a minimum price for any period of time you want to specify.
Applying your rule to a sales profile
- Go to Head Office Manager or Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Sales Profiles.
- Select a sales profile.
- In the sales profile record, select the rule you just created.
Applying your rule to a film
- Go to Head Office Manager or Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Sites and select a site.
- Link films to the site as needed.
- Select the sales profile you edited for each film for which you want to enforce a minimum admission price.
- Open each film record and specify the period during which the sales profile will apply and enforce a minimum admission price according to your rule.
An exhibitor shows Avatar across its circuit. During the first week of release, starting December 8, the exhibitor's Group A cinemas set a minimum ticket price of $30. During the third week of release, starting December 22, the minimum ticket price drops to $25.
At the head office level, the exhibitor's pricing manager creates a minimum price rule. She sets the period 1 value to $30 and the period 2 value to $25. She selects the minimum price rule in the sales profile Blockbuster, which is assigned to the film Avatar. The manager then links Avatar to all her Group A cinemas. In the film record for Avatar, she then sets the start date for period 1 to 8 December and the start date for period 2 to 22nd December.
Please sign in to leave a comment.