If you are running a large food & beverage operation, you might have multiple areas. Rather than trying to fit everything in one view, different pages of the Table Layout Profile can be created for different areas. For example: A Restaurant area, a Bar area, and a Fast Food area.
Creating a new area
- On the POS Designer sidebar, click the New Area button.
- New Area 1 appears in the list of areas below the Default Area.
- Right-click the new area and select Rename to rename the area. For example: Bar.
- Place new table objects as required.
Copying an existing area
If you have two areas with similar layout, you can copy an existing area rather than having to create a new one from scratch.
- On the POS Designer sidebar, select the area you wish to copy.
- Click the Copy Area button.
- Copy of [Area] appears in the list of areas.
- Right-click the new area and select Rename to rename the copied area.
- Edit existing objects or place new ones as required.
Creating auditorium areas
If you are using the food & beverage system for in-cinema dining, you can create areas linked to Screens. This allows serving staff to start and open checks from a seat map.
- On the POS Designer sidebar, click the New Screen button.
- The Select Screen window appears.
- Select the screen you wish to add, and click OK.
- The screen appears in the list of areas.
You cannot edit screens in POS Designer. When a POS operator navigates to view a screen from the table layout, they are presented with a seat map of the corresponding screen.
Creating link buttons between areas for operators
In order for POS operators to view the table layouts for different areas, buttons need to be configured to navigate between them.
Create these buttons after creating your different areas.
- In POS Designer, click-and-drag an area from the sidebar onto the dotted grid. For example: Bar, Cinema 1.
- A default-sized button with the selected area's name will be placed.
- Resize and position the button as necessary.
- (Optional) Right-click a button and select Edit Text to change the text displayed on the button if required.