Quick service works by configuring Workstation Groups to prompt for an Order Number when an order is placed at Workstations in the group.
Setting up quick service orders
- Open the required Workstation Group record, or create a new one: Maintenance> Workstation Groups. For example: Cafe.
- On the main Group tab, select Prompt for Order Number Entry.
- Press Save.
Placing a quick service order on POS
- On POS, ring up an item that is configured as Requires Preparing. Only orders that include items requiring preparation and delivery will activate quick service.
- Press the Complete button.
- Enter the Order Number for the customer. For example: This may correspond to a number on a stick that is given to the customer to take to their table.
- Press enter to continue to the Payment Screen and complete the transaction as normal.
Once the transaction is completed, POS displays the last quick service order number in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, next to the Last Change.
Quick service on the Kitchen screen
In POS, orders sent to the kitchen in a shift are numbered sequentially, but quick service order numbers are reused over the course of the day.
For example: A customer is given the number 3 for their order. When their order is delivered to them by a member of the wait staff, the number stick is collected and can later be reused for another customer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.