Configure a payment group to see all cheque payment types in one place. You can do this in Head Office or Cinema Manager.
- Create or modify a payment group.
- Set the Default Payment Type to a payment type configured for cheques.
Note: If you do not already have a payment type for cheques, you will need to complete the rest of this procedure and save the payment group, configure a payment type for cheques, then set the Default Payment Type.
- Leave the Reconciliation Payment Group
A reconciliation payment group only needs to be entered if the payment group for reconciliation differs from the payment group used when selling items. Don't set the reconciliation payment group of a payment group to itself (for example, don't set the reconciliation payment group of the cash payment group to cash), as this will cause transactions using that payment group to be cancelled out at reconciliation.
- Select Record as Payment, Enter Actuals at Cash Up and Include in Deposits.
- In Tracking Method, select Value.
- If you need to collect payee details for cheque payments, select Enter Details of Each Payment on the Reconciliation and Deposits
- If you store cheques in a fund before depositing them, select that fund from Reconcile to Fund and select Defer Deposits to Reconciliation Fund.