Use payment groups to help you track your redeemed vouchers and gift cards. You can do this in Cinema Manager or Head Office.
- Create or modify a payment group.
- Set the Default Payment Type to a payment type configured for redeemed vouchers or gift cards.
Note: If you do not already have a payment type for redeemed vouchers or gift cards, you will need to complete the rest of this procedure and save the payment group, configure a payment type for redeemed vouchers or gift cards, then set the Default Payment Type.
- Leave Reconciliation Payment Group blank.
Note: A Reconciliation Payment Group only needs to be entered if the payment group for reconciliation differs from the payment group used when selling items. Don't set the reconciliation payment group of a payment group to itself (for example, don't set the reconciliation payment group of the cash payment group to cash), as this will cause transactions using that payment group to be cancelled out at reconciliation.
- Select Record as Payment and Enter Actuals at Cash Up.
- Ensure Allow Opening Float and Include in Deposits are not selected.
- In Tracking Method, select Value. If you are tracking ticket vouchers or vouchers and gift cards for specific denominations with this payment group, you may also want to select Quantity.
- If you want to include redeemed vouchers in your fund counts, select Include in Fund Counts on the Fund Counts
- Select Count Payment Types on Fund.
- If you want to be able to enter quantities of voucher or gift card denominations when performing fund counts, select Count Payment Types in Entry Template.