A seating layout is a floor plan associated with each cinema screen. A screen's seating layout determines:
- how many seats are available in each price category
- the seats' relative sizes and positions
- the types of seats available (single or multi-seat)
- seat and row numbers
- seat and row priority
Each screen must have at least one layout (the default layout). A screen can have several layouts; in this case you can specify which seating layout to use when you schedule a session at the screen.
Seating layouts allow you to use a screen in various seating configurations, and it may be appropriate to create a screen with multiple seating layouts in order to:
- play standard and 3D films at the same screen; using a standard layout for standard sessions, and using a layout that includes only seats in the central columns for 3D sessions
- renovate a theatre; using different layouts to plan sessions for the old and new seating configurations
You can edit all seating layouts at Head Office, including seating layouts imported from Cinema Manager, created at Head Office, or imported from Cinema Manager and copied at Head Office.