An unpaid booking can be paid off in parts.
This scenario occurs when a group of friends agree to see a movie together, and one person makes an unpaid booking on behalf of the entire group. The friends then arrive at the cinema individually, or in small groups, to pay for and collect their own tickets before the show. The booking is paid off in parts over time, as people arrive, until all the members of the group have paid their share and collected their tickets.
At POS, the booking details screen lists:
- the tickets that have been collected
- the tickets remaining in the booking
- the booking's outstanding balance
- To pay a booking in parts, the booking must contain tickets. It cannot consist of entirely of concession items.
- Only one POS operator can work on a partially-paid booking at a time.
- Partially-paid bookings do not have a separate "partially paid" status in the database (although they can be listed with this status on reports).
- A booking can only be partially paid at POS; this feature is not available through Kiosk or other sales channels.
- The booking fee (if any) will be charged in full at each partial payment.
- Reports do not show the time and date of each individual partial payment. The most recent pickup time is displayed against all order lines.
Related system settings
Determines whether unpaid bookings can be partially collected.
Preventing partial collection may make reconciliation related to third-party bookings easier.
Please sign in to leave a comment.