Support multi-course meals by setting up POS to Hold & Fire meals to the kitchen.
Before you begin
- Set up a kitchen or other service area
Enabling the delivery screen at POS
In order to use hold and fire operations, a POS terminal must be able to access the Delivery screen. You can do this by enabling the Set Delivery POS menu button, or by configuring the workstation to Prompt for Delivery Information.
- Either enable the Set Delivery POS menu button:
- Open the POS Button Layout record that is configured on the serving Workstation(s) in Maintenance > POS Button Layouts.
- Make sure the Set Delivery buttons are both configured as visible.
- Save the POS Button Layout.
- Or configure the Prompt for Delivery Information prompt at a workstation:
- Open the Workstation records for the POS terminals used by serving staff in Maintenance > Workstations.
- On the Prompts tab set the Prompt for Delivery Information option to If Item Requires Delivery.
Note: Every Time can also be used, if desired.
- Save the Workstation record.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for any other Workstations you wish to use as serving POS terminals.
Configuring prepare slip templates
Talk to Vista to update your prepare slip templates to support Hold and Fire operations.
Configuring related system settings
The system setting SendHeldItemsToPrepareArea determines how hold & fire operations interact with the Workstation in the Kitchen (or other service area):
Prepare & Pickup display
Hold - Held items are shown on the Prepare Pickup screen in the prepare area, with the Hold icon (a 'stop' hand).
Fire - Fired items are shown on the Prepare Pickup screen in the prepare area flashing orange with the Fire icon (flames).
Hold - Held items are hidden on the Prepare Pickup screen in the prepare area, and will not be displayed until a Fire order is given.
Fire - Fired items only flash orange on the Prepare Pickup screen, and do not show the icon.
Prepare Slip printing
Hold - Held items are printed on prepare slips with the text HOLD.
Fire - Fired items are printed on prepare slips with the text FIRED.
Hold - Held items are not printed on prepare slips.
Fire - Fired items are printed on prepare slips as normal with no extra text.