Table bookings and waitlists allow patrons to reserve places in your restaurant in advance.
- Table bookings can be made by the patron via your cinema's website.
- Table bookings and waitlists can also be created by POS staff.
Before you begin
It's expected that you have an existing setup for your restaurant operations which include the following configurations:
- A Table Layout Profile in POS Designer for your restaurant.
- A setup for Checks at POS.
- Other relevant F&B features, such as kitchen screens and printers.
- Defined opening hours for your restaurant.
The following Schedule tasks run in the background in Table booking server module:
- Purge Table Booking: The task deletes all table bookings older than 93 days.
- Release Table Booking: The task closes all open table booking of any previous day. So even if the task is turned off for a couple of days, it cleans up all open bookings older than yesterday, when turned on.
Frequency of the tasks can be configured using the Task Scheduler.
1. Create a restaurant record
In Head Office or Back Office, open Facility Type maintenance and create a new record:
- Name: Restaurant
- Hire Charge: Free (No Hire)
- Classification: Restaurant
Note: Free (No Hire) is a default Hire Charge record delivered by Vista.
2. Customise table booking and waitlist configurations.
- Navigate to Cinema Manager > Maintenance > Venue Facility.
- Create a new venue facility record for each table layout area within your restaurant.
- Set the Venue to the cinema where the restaurant is located.
- Set the Type to your Restaurant facility type.
- On the Restaurant tab, select your table layout and table layout area.
- Customise the reservations details to suit your requirements.
In particular, define the intervals that will be used to calculate table availability at any given booking time. Set separate table availability thresholds for POS and Vista Web bookings. Refer to Facility form: Restaurant tab
- On the Opening Hours tab, apply your opening hours record to the restaurant.
Tip: If you haven't already defined some opening hours, you can create them here by selecting (new Opening Hours).
- Save the record.
3. Define restaurant opening hours.
Define your restaurant's opening hours and exceptions to opening hours.
4. Create a table bookings workstation.
Configure a POS workstation to view and manage your restaurant's table bookings.
- In Cinema Manager, open Workstation maintenance and create a new record for your restaurant workstation.
- Set the Default Sales Tab to Table Bookings List.
- Configure the other workstation details to suit your requirements and click Save.
- Open the relevant POS Button Layout and select the buttons Table Bookings and Change Table Availability to appear on POS.
Please sign in to leave a comment.