If you want to control the pricing of a new-release film in its initial screening period, set a new-release period.
Before you begin
- Make sure you've set a default new-release period using the Cinema Manager system setting DefaultNewReleaseDurationDays.
- In Cinema Manager or Head Office, go to Maintenance > Films.
- Open the film you want to assign a new-release period to, or create a new one.
- Go to the Box Office tab.
If you're creating a new film record, the New Release Duration (days) field is automatically filled with the default value.
- Edit the New Release Duration, or leave it as the default.
For example: You may want to keep a major new release such as Avatar 3D as the default period (for example, 10 days). Or, for an independent/minor release such as Beasts of the Southern Wild, you may decide you don't need a new-release period and set the field to 0.
If you're performing this action in Head Office, the No Free Tickets Until date is automatically calculated based on the Film's Opening Date (on the main Film tab) plus the New Release Duration.
Note: The No Free Tickets Until field is only available in Head Office, not Cinema Manager.