Instead of manually entering details about a film, you can create a record based on data from movieXchange.
Before you begin:
Before completing the steps below, you must have already:
- Configured movieXchange as your EDI provider.
- Configured distributors, genres, censor ratings, and attributes (including audio languages, subtitle languages, and movie formats) using movieXchange as your EDI provider.
- Enabled the movieXchange film data update scheduled task. Contact your Vista representative if you're not sure whether this scheduled task is set up.
- Open an existing Film record.
- Use the Title field to search for a film. A list of results from movieXchange appears.
- Select the film you want to import into the Vista database.
- Respond to any prompts to map movieXchange data with Vista fields.
Note: You'll be prompted to map fields when the film data you're attempting to import includes a value that isn't already available in Vista. You'll only need to respond to this prompt once for each field. Vista stores your preferences for future imports. If you ignore the prompts and import without mapping, film records can be left incomplete after the scheduled task runs to update film data.
- Complete the form and click Save.
Important! If movieXchange doesn't supply an opening date, today's date is used. If movieXchange later adds an opening date, the film record is updated when the scheduled task runs to update film data.
Note: movieXchange automatically imports the smallest poster image for each film. To import larger posters, enable the Download EDI Provider Media scheduled task. The system will download posters up to the size you specify in Head Office Manager or Cinema Manager > Maintenance > System Settings > MaxImageFileSize.
To further customise the media you import from movieXchange:
- In the EDI Providers form (Head Office ManagerorCinema Manager > Maintenance > EDI Providers), add the link https://film.moviexchange.com in the Web Service URL field.
- Click Test Connection to confirm the connection is successful.
- Click the API Settings link.
- On the movieXchange API Settings page, configure any of the following:
- Title Graphic
- Film Advertising Media, including Backdrops and Stills
- Short Trailer, including Motion Posters
Please sign in to leave a comment.