The Kitchen Service normally uses network printers, rather than POS printers attached to workstations. Networked printers are dedicated to printing prepare slips and pick-up slips in different service areas.
Items that are configured as Requiring Preparing are also configured with the service area they need to be prepared in. When these items are ordered at POS, the kitchen service sends prepare slips to the network printer in the correct service area.
Before you begin
- Ensure you have installed the required printer(s) using the Windows Control Panel on the server hosting Kitchen Service.
- In Cinema Manager, go to Maintenance > Printers and create a new printer.
- Enter the name of the printer in the Description.
Example: You could name it Expeditor, Hot station, or Cold station, matching the service area the printer will be in.
- Set the Print Template to your printer.
- Set the Name / Path with the location of the printer on the network.
- Press Save.
- Repeat steps 1–5 for each required printer.