The Split Check feature enables a POS operator to calculate and accept individual payments for items ordered on a check. Split checks are accessed from the Check Details screen.
Check Details screen
The Check Details screen shows the status of any split checks.
- Split Checks: Click this button to create or manage individual checks.
- Check List: The list of individual checks after splitting the original (or "No Checks", if the check hasn't been split). The colour indicates the status of an unselected check: orange for paid, white for owing. The selected check is coloured green.
Split Checks screen
- Title: Identifies the check.
- Individual check: Lists the items, tickets, or payments for each division. A check may be divided into a number of checks—up to a maximum given by the POS system setting TabMaximumSplitChecks.
- Left and right arrows: Tap these arrows to scroll through the list of checks. Scrolling allows you to find and display checks that are not currently visible on the screen.
- Pin: Tap this icon to pin the check in place. The pinned check remains in view when the list of checks is scrolled with the arrows. Tap again to unpin the check. Only one check may be pinned at a time.
- Check totals: The total value of the items in the check. Tax is listed separately if Vista is configured to operate in tax exclusive mode.
- Command buttons:
- All/Unpaid Checks: Toggles the visibility of checks that have already been paid. By default, only unpaid checks are displayed.
- New Check: Creates a new, empty, check for the tab.
- Split Item: Evenly divides a line's value into a specified number of separate lines. The new lines may then be moved to different checks.
- Combine Items: Merges the selected split items into a single line.
- Cancel: Cancels all operations made to checks since the Split Check screen was opened.
- Done: Saves changes to a tab's checks and closes the Split Check screen. Empty checks are not saved.
- Splitting one check into multiple at POS
- Moving an item between split checks at POS
- Splitting an item across multiple split checks at POS
- Combining a split item on a check at POS
- Paying off split checks at POS
- Paying off a check's items in separate payments
- Paying an order in separate payments by value at POS