If several patrons want to pay equal shares, or fixed sums, towards an order POS can quickly calculate the amount that each patron should be charged.
Note: This method is best suited for electronic or credit card payment, where exact amounts can be charged. It does not support each patron receiving change from an individual overpayment, so should not be used for cash transactions.
- Open the payment screen.
- If a patron wants to pay a fixed sum towards the order (for example, $15.00):
- Tap Amount to Pay and enter the desired payment.
- Tap a payment button to accept this amount.
- If several patrons want to share payment of the outstanding amount, choose the number of patrons among whom to divide the payment.
- 50/50: Divides payment of the outstanding amount between two people.
- Split: Prompts the operator to enter the number of people paying off the outstanding amount.
- The Amount to Pay displays the payment required from each patron.
- Tap payment buttons to accept this amount from each patron.
Please sign in to leave a comment.