You may wish to follow this example to implement tip sharing for cash-based operations.
- Staff arrive at the cinema and clock in to the relevant work area (either their Rostered Work Area or a selected Work Area).
Note: The Work Area determines whether the staff are contributing and/or receiving tips for a particular Tip Share Period.
- At the end of their shift, staff cash up their POS sessions and then clock out.
- The manager collects the tip sharing amounts in cash from staff (in addition to the cash owed to the business). For contributors, Tip Sharing Contributions are printed on the Cashup Slip.The tip sharing cash is set aside to be distributed later. Managers may wish to round tip sharing contributions to the nearest dollar.
- In the Tip Share module, the manager opens the Tip Share Contribution page to review the amount of cash that has been collected as tips.
- (Optional) If required, the manager makes corrections to the Staff Time data. This is may be needed if, for example, staff forget to clock out or clocked into the wrong Work Area.
Note: Only changes to Staff Times data for distributions are taken into consideration in the Tip Share module. Staff Times and Work Area data for contributions must be corrected prior to cashing up the POS sessions.
- On the Tip Share Distribution page, the manager calculates the distribution amounts based on the configured calculation method.
- The manager finalizes the Tip Share Distribution for the day.
- The manager divides the tip share cash among staff accordingly and places the individual distribution amounts into separate envelopes for staff to pick up during their next shift.
- For tax reporting purposes only, staff may record Tip Share Contributions as as a Tip Out or Tip Share Distribution as an Unregistered Cash Tip during the next shift. Declaring the tips adds the tip amounts to the payroll records even though the tip cash is paid outside of payroll.
- The manager checks that all the tip distributions have been finalized for all the days in the payroll period before running the payroll extract.
Please sign in to leave a comment.