Create a check to store order details for delayed sales, such as in a food service environment.
Before you begin
- Enable checks on the required workstations.
- Ensure a payment group has been set up for checks
- Ensure a payment type has been set up for checks
- Ensure a payment button has been set up for checks
- On the Checks page of the POS Main Selling Screen, press Create New Check.
There is also a Create Check button in the POS button menu. Depending on the Position assigned to the button, you may need to press More to access it.
- Enter a Check ID.
Additional Split Checks will be grouped together as a Check order with the specified Check ID.
For example: The table number, or the seat number in a cinema auditorium.
If the Workstation is configured to Enforce the use of pre-defined Check IDs, the Check ID entered must match an existing Check Definition.
- Enter the customer Name.
- (Optional) Enter the Location, and the Number of Guests.
- Press Create Tab.
POS returns to the main selling screen. The Order Window is shaded the colour determined by the system setting OrderWindowBackColourTab (blue by default) to indicate that a check is active, and the Checks page at the top of the screen flashes the Tab ID of the active check.
The server can now add items to the check.