Configure an individual balance type to set restrictions on points payments for tax and specific item classes.
- Browse to the Loyalty website and open the Balance Type you want to configure.
- If you don't want this balance type to be used to pay for item tax, clear the option Can Redeem for Item Tax.
Note: This is selected by default.
- To disallow using this balance type to pay for certain items, select Use Balance Type Redemption Overrides.
- Click the button to Show Balance Type Override Settings. This displays a pop-up window for setting Balance Type Redemption Overrides.
- Select an Item class from the drop-down menu and click Add New Balance Type Override.
The Redemption Rate for the item class is automatically set to 0. This means that members cannot buy items belonging to the item class with points of this balance type.
- Click Close, and Save the record.